- Restaurant and Cafe
First opened in 1863, Star Hotel Yackandandah is a centrepiece of the town and abounds in history. The Pub gained fame in the 2004 movie Strange Bedfellows, as well as more recently the Backroads ABC program. It acts as the home of major local events such as the Spring Migration Festival, as well as hosting a main stage for the Yackandandah Folk Festival.
In April 2016 the pub was purchased by Matt and Kim Frauenfelder. It has since been transformed back to it’s glory days as a thriving old time pub, with a renovated restaurant and beer garden. A well-known local Chef, Matt centers the menu around a fusion of Southern USA and Australian barbeque, with all meat smoked on premises in his hand-made smokers. The pub also offers an array of local beer as part of their partnership with Two Pot Brewing Co, as well as local wine, cider, and spirits.
Located conveniently on the main street of Yackandandah and open every day of the week to serve you.
- Food & Wine
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Alfresco/Outdoor Dining
- Takeaway Available
- No, we are fully licensed
- Between $20 and $30
- Suitable for Functions
- Live Music
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.
- Caters for people with allergies and intolerances.